Monday, May 21, 2007

Mexico Day 5 - Guadalajara: Stroll Around the City The Revenge of the Burnt Skin

After a long bus ride, Diesel and I decided it was in order sleep in on Day 5. After a little working out, we headed out to the city center. Unfortunately, we forgot it was Monday, and for the most part the museums were closed.

Guadalajara is Mexico's second largest city, but despite its size, it still feels like a smaller city: safe, friendly and very Mexican (read: not very touristy). With no particular sightseeing attraction in mind, we lost ourselves in the city, enjoying the bustling streets and its people.

It was then that I realized. Bubbling. My skin was BUBBLING! After 4 hours of the unforgiving scorching sun of Mexico, my greediness finally got me what I deserved : my skin literally bubbly, nasty crusts of bumpy skin across my belly and around my neck. Disgusting, to say the least.

No comments: