Sunday, August 05, 2007

19 Miles Miles and Micky-D's

So I was supposed to run 20 miles this weekend. Instead, I did 19, but it was still a lot. I started pretty late, and despite the (inaccurate) weather report of an overcast day, it was too hot for me by the time I hit mile 5.

Anyhow, after a hard run like that, I decided I was going to celebrate. Since Diesel was going to take me to the Harvest Vine that night, I decided to postpone my reward to the following day (today).

After a hard day of fabulous shopping with my friend Koko, I went after the gold: the McDonald's drive-through window. And then I did something I have NEVER done in my life: I SUPERSIZED. For the fries, really, since I never seem to get enough of those delicious golden treats, especially when I go to the drive-through and eat half of them before I even get home. So yes, it made perfect sense to supersize it. And so I did it. Much to my surprise and rage, I realized that despite being inside a large fries container, the quantity in the box was actually the size of MEDIUM fries. What the heck??!!!

Anyhow, there was no time to whine, as I couldn't let my chicken sandwich or fries get cold. Since McDonald's is SO bad for you (but oh, it tastes SO GOOD), I don't let myself be tempted often, but when I do, I just have to get it right.

At home, I faithfully followed my ritual: I put on my elastic shorts (or pants, depending on the weather), turned on the TV, and guess what? A show called "Big Mac" on CNBC was on. I immediately thought, "Oh great, this Supersize Me-like show" will ruin my happiness," but fortunately, the show did not diss my favorite fast food restaurant.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why did you stop at 19? Where did you run? I realize nobody else reads this cares about running (except you Viv) but these are important details!

We should do a long run when I'm back in town. I'll be running an 18 one weekend and a 24 the next weekend.

Kelly said...

I stopped at 19 because I was dying. I ran at Marymoor, so there were no shade :(

Wow, you'll spend most of your week in Seattle running!

Kelly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.