Saturday, October 20, 2007

Campaigning for the Institution of Murses in America

I've been meaning to tell the world about this fabulous accessory for men that has existed for several decades in Europe but only recently been making its way into the American fashion world. It is the very practical MURSE (or "male purse"), advocated by women worldwide, who are tired of carrying their boyfriends'/husbands' crap.

As always, it is the gay man who, in their fashion forward thinking have embraced this essential fashion accessory, and hopefully, will be able to convince his straight counterpart that he too should be carrying his cell phone, wallet, umbrella, book, camera, etc. in his OWN bag. Not only that, I hope that he is able to make all those heteros realize that they can have a lot of fun mixing and matching different murse designs with their outfits.

Two friends of mine have already joined the murse adoption movement. I'm very proud of them and will support their valient efforts to bring the murse to the United States of America. I'd like to share their take on the port-everything accessory:

Friend 1's choice:
Chic, slick and elegant murse. Black with white pinstripes, goes with everything!

Friend 2's choice:
Fun and colorful "chicken" murse. Perfect for going out and holds all your party supplies: fake eyelashes, lipstick, etc.

For more on murses, get advice from my favorite YouTube fashion guru, William Sledd. He did a whole "Murse Edition" segment (notice I'm not embedding the video because he has a lot of viewers, and I'm leery of having random people reading this blog):
http://youtube.com/watch?v=oF97-XVLc-w

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You'll see plenty of men with bags in NY. But, I still think men with teeny-tiny little bags look odd.

I was here about a year before I decided that I, too, needed a bag. What's in it? Umbrella, camera, video camera, hand cleaner, eye drops, book for reading on subway, gloves/scarf (in the winter)... and sometimes water/food. That sounds like alot, but my bag is actually on the smaller side... just not itsy bitsy.

Your boy will have a bad shortly...