Sunday, August 13, 2006

Where There's a Will, There's a Way
...And Where There Is Stinginess, There is Also a Way

So now that we are approaching the big day, Diesel and I realize that certains things have to be taken care of. One of them is learning how to dance. That's right. The white boy with no rythm and the Asian girl with no coordination will have to follow tradition and entertain the whole wedding crowd with our spasmsmatic dance moves.

I started calling dance schools to see who would take such horrible students such as ourselves. Apparently all of them do, as long as we're willing to pay them big bucks. The going rate is 100/hr, and apparently, we need about FIVE classes to get trained on dancing for our first song. That's a grand total of FIVE HUNDRED dollars!!! What the (*&#$(&##????

Indignant and stingy, I decided I would find a cheap way to do it. And indeed I did. With my beloved library card in hand, I put a hold on every single ballroom dancing DVD/VHS tapes available in the King County Library System. Cost: $0.00.

And then I remembered. Why have to even waste gas picking those up from the library if I could have them delivered to our house? So I Netflixed "ballroom dance" and found several beginner courses on DVD. I was ecstatic.

"How good and effective are these self-learn DVD's?," you ask? I have no clue. You be the judge at the wedding...

2 comments:

Cat said...

Hey Kel - you can call the local branches of the Arthur Murray Schools of Dance and tell them you're getting married and that a friend of yours recommended their school, and they USUALLY give coupons for 2 or 3 free lessons, which would be a good start.

David said...

I'm really looking forward to seeing this!

Will this be swing dancing? Did you know I took three six-week sessions?

Even after all of that, I was still horrible. I just gave it up.

The fact of the matter is that I have no rhythm. Ain't nothing I can do about it, either.