Thursday, June 14, 2007

And the Ugly Shirt Has Begotten...

Today, a friend of mine sent me an article about the fact that somebody who works in this Fashion-God-forsaken company was nominated by a Seattle magazine as the most fashionable man in the city.

On the same day, I overheard the following conversation in our kitchen at work:

Geek-ette #1: “Wow! I REALLY like your shirt!”
Geek-ette #2 (wearing a YELLOW, CHECKERED MAN’S SHIRT): “Oh really? Thanks!”
Geek-ette #1: “I wish I had a shirt like THAT! Well…you probably didn't get it here…you probably got it in...don’t tell me…in CHINA! [yes, the fashion capital of the world]”
Geek-ette #2: “YEAH! I got it in CHINA! I can get you one! Just give me your size; next time my parents are in town I can ask them to get you one.”
Geek-ette #1 (ecstatic): "Thanks! I'd really like that!"
Geek-ette #2: Yeah, I myself have tons of shirts like this! I could wear them for a month without doing my laundry!

I'm CONCERNED. The think that a breed of ugly shirt has begotten many more like and taken over Geek-ette's 2 closet and is now about to expand into Geek-ette's 1 wardrobe! The thought of seeing not one, but TWO geek-ettes wearing the same horrendous yellow shirt just killed ANY hope of fashion in this place…

No comments: