Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Madwoman with Ancient Computer

Answer, quick: would you give a murderer an axe? Of course not! That would be preposterous, and frankly, a thread to society as a whole.

Then, why oh why, did my work give me an ancient computer? I am, and have been for at least the past 6 months, at my wit’s end. Long hours, endless to-do lists, and urgent, life-or-death requests from the client. It’s really getting to me.

I am going crazy, and have been known to have outbursts in my office, where I talk to myself, bang my mouse on my desk, stomp, and yell at my computer. Honestly, it’s a true display of insanity.

To exacerbate my mental instability, Helpdesk has had me waiting for more computer memory since last month. After repeatedly inquiring about the status on this, I was told that they COULD give me the memory, but Helpdesk kindly reminded me that it was my computer that was "too old.” THANK YOU VERY MUCH for NOTHING. I knew that. The fact that it has been taking me 2 min to open an Excel file was kind of hint. The fact that my cursor freezes on my screen every time I change programs was also sort of a hint as well. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Give me my goddam memory and let me be happy…at least for an hour.

No comments: