Monday, July 24, 2006

BG Update

Despite being the most disliked and probably the most despised character of all of my anecdotes, it seems that BG, my arch-nemesis, is the most popular person in this blog and the subject of many inquiries.

To clarify some of the questions that have come up, YES, BG is in fact, a real person. I do not make these things up. All of the stories recounted here, despite having a bit of flair and embellishment added (for entertainment purposes only), are based on true facts.

BG latest:

Today, one of our co-workers came over and started cracking up. A second co-worker and I stared at her in confusion. She pointed towards BG's desk and there it was: BG had put his head down and was TAKING A NAP. Let me reiterate it, because no, you did not read it wrong: There, in the middle of all the cubicles, there he was, shamelessly SLEEPING instead of working. And unlike George Costanza, who at least went to the trouble of hiding under his desk, BG just sat there, bald head on his immaculate desk (he is freakishly clean), catching some z's.

And then the funniest thing happened. After 5-10 min, he woke up, got his jacket and said: "I am going home." It was 3:40pm. I guess sleeping at work makes you tired.

No comments: