Wednesday, September 13, 2006

On My Scrabble Revenge

This slow pace of life has allowed us to read lots and just take lots of naps and swims during the day...and eat, of course eat with no restraint nor guilt. It has also given us enough time to master the art of playing Scrabble. The first game was the most unbelievable and most of all, the most unfair game ever in the history of Scrabble matches. Diesel won with words like "not," "yes," and "bay," whereas I had beautiful (and if not beautiful, at least words longer than 1 syllable) words such as "escrow" and "raiding." What the !()$*!@#$!????? Needless to say, in a rematch, I beat him.

Diesel also tried to talk me into learning chess again. I told him that I had a bad experience as a kid. He asked me what this horrible experience was, and when I told him, "being lost and confused and hating it," he said it didn't qualify.

So I was forced to play again and to speed up the game, I committed suicide on the chess board. Diesel was less than excited about this, but at least he can't say I didn't give it another shot.

No comments: