Sunday, March 11, 2007

The BEST V-Day Present EVER!

Wow, I can't believe it's been several months since my last post. At least nobody can accuse me of being a geek anymore.

So to ressuscitate my moribund blog, I thought I'd start it with a BANG. And the bang has come thanks to Diesel, the best husband EVER!

Remember my very persuasive blog about The Second BEST Xmas Present EVER (after the trip to Barcelona)? Well, it worked.

For Valentine's Day this year, we beat the crowed of cheesy rose-buying, pink-wearing crowed of sweethearts by celebrating V-Day early. We didn't even have any problems getting reservations for dinner at our favorite restaurant, Le Pichet, a very quaint French bistro.

We had agreed on no presents, but after our meal, Diesel handed me a card. He wrote me a very long note and at the end said: "and that's why I have booked us tickets to go to Paris in August." WHAT????!!! Could that be TRUE? Of course he looked at me sternly and said: "This does NOT set a precedent." Well, first the trip to Barcelona, now Paris. Of course I'm expecting to be whisked away to yet another romantic destination next year.

I felt very bad, because all I got Diesel was a card. But when I really thought about it, I realized that in effect, he had gotten HIMSELF a present, so I didn't feel so bad after all.

No comments: