Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Halloween 2005: Fright Fest - Part Deux

So for Halloween this year, I decided I was going to get some use out of the pleather pants and bright red wig I got on eBay last year. If you are not aware of last year's tragedy, suffice it to say that despite all our preparation and rallying, Tim and I fell asleep BOTH Halloween weekend nights and missed all of the parties we had planned to go to. So yes, I was going to be Alias (Jennifer Garner) again.

Tim, however, could not recycle last year's costume because it was so...2004. He was going to go as Napoleon Dynamite. But alas, he had much bigger plans for this year: he decided he was going to be a little Japanese schoolgirl.

So Brian (who was also looking for a last-minute costume), Tim and I headed over to Target. Brian ended up getting a kid's size Superman (bodysuit) costume, which was tight on the crotch area and gave him an instant wedgie. He was happy. Tim was going cheap, so he got some plaid boxers that he turned into a plaid skirt. He accessorized with a pink Hello Kitty purse (only 2.99 at Target) and some fuzzy Hello Kitty slippers (only 17.99 at Target)--which to my dismay, he says he will actually wear again when he goes up skiing at the Baker cabin. A whole costume for only 20 bucks; now that's what I call a deal!

I told Tim he should wear a T-shirt where he wrote something in really bad English, but he said that would be racist. Go figure. His whole costume was un-PC anyway. but I suppose even the guy has morals.

Our first stop was Gabe’s party, where we ended up sitting in the backyard by the fire. There was no dancing, even with the keg Gabe got. There was, however, a lot of women in black costumes and very few men. Very strange.

Next we headed over to Tarah’s party. There was a lot more cleavage at that party and a lot of women. We met a guy that was dressed as a Katrina survivor, who was waving a little flag made out of an oversize pair of underwear. I guess he could get away with it because he was, in fact, from New Orleans. I guess it’s like Tim being able to get away with his little Japanese schoolgirl costume only because he has an Asian girlfriend. I must say, however, that I was offended by the several people that acted all skeptical every time I explained to them that NO, the Hello Kitty stuff Tim was wearing was NOT mine. It was HIS.

Anyhow, a couple of hours went by, and I found myself watching the Katrina survivor teaching my pop-uncultured friend words like “bling” and “ghetto-fabulous." I knew it was time to go home.

And so we did. Another Halloween was over.

No comments: