Thursday, June 01, 2006

Bday Weekend in NY

I'm a bit behind on blogging, but that just goes to show once again that I am NOT a geek in denial, and I CAN live without blogging.

Anyhow, for my bday weekend, I met up with Timothy in NY. He was there for work, and I was there for the free ride on his company's money. It's nice not to feel any remorse about paying for a $30 cab ride (or several) when you could have bought a subway ticket for a fraction of the price.

My mom and I flew to NY together, as she was there to visit a friend (it was her bday weekend too). I really thought I could deal with the red eye, but was utterly mistaken. The Jet Blue flight leaves Seattle at midnight and gets to NY at 8am (5am Seattle-time). Aside from being a long flight at a bad time, the following factors made this one of the WORST flights EVER:

1) Large and in charge guy sitting next to me and spilling over my seat, which left me very little room to move
2) Worst case of projectile vomit from a poor Asian lady who basically passed out, while the flight attendants tended to her and her family wiped off the puke off the plane's ceiling
3) Fussy 3-yr old that screamed for 3 out of the 5 hrs

So upon arriving in NY, after walking around a street fair and up to Central Park, my mom, Diesel and I ended up crashing at the hotel. My mom got picked up by her friend that afternoon and Diesel and I had dinner with MY friend David ("MY" denoting a friend that I will take with me in case of a divorce) and his friend Elaine. Somehow we ended up at this bar that Elaine described as an Eurotrash meeting point, where some random dude kept trying to crash our little circle. Elaine, in all her shamelessness, kept turning her back to him, to no avail.

The next day, we did MOMA and walked a lot. That night, we got great seats to see Avenue Q, a show that came highly recommended by David. In retrospect, I think that David would have been a much better date for Diesel, as several of the jokes in the show were highly embarrassing.

I took Monday off and went shopping! Hooray. NY was a blast...

No comments: