Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Wine and Bike & My Big Chance to Be on TV!


Last weekend we went to the Yakima Valley area for our annual wine & bike trip. We went with Rev. Brian Jacoby (who will be doing our wedding; he is getting quite good at lecturing, and even lectured me extensively this weekend when I started whining), Kristin and Nate and Steve.

The weather was good, although a little too hot for biking. Except for some flat tires (bikes and Tim's car), we made it safe and sound back to the hotel. Oddly enough nobody got tipsy enough.

One of the most exciting things was that at one of the wineries, there was a CBS crew doing a piece on several people who were riding their horses around all the wineries and orchards around Yakima. Of course I tried to move my chair so that I would be in the background, and hopefully make my long-awaited debut on the small screen. It was then to my surprise and delight that at some point during the taping, the cameraman actually told us to "act normal" because we would be on TV!!! The piece will be broadcasted on July 5th on the Early Show.

After the crew left, Brian and I were sent over to beg for the lunch leftovers from the CBS crew. We thought that the wineries served lunch, but obviously we were wrong. We were tired and hungry, so the team sent Brian and me to get some scraps from the catered lunch that the CBS crew had been served. Brian was sent because he is charming and a good story teller. I was probably sent because I'm whiny and skinny enough to look like I'm malnourished. Between having the caterers be charmed or filled with pity, we figured we'd get at least something to eat. Brian did all the talking: "Excuse me--I know this is going to sound pathetic, but we're really hungry...can we have some of your dessert?" Worked like a charm, and minutes later we were all eating the beautiful, but miniscule petit fours, albeit still craving something savery and more substantial.

The next day, we decided to go rafting. Lots of fun.

In Zillah, getting ready to bike

Kristin, Nate, Brian, Tim and Steve
at CBS's Early Show taping

No comments: