Tuesday, June 20, 2006

The Most Expensive Jeans EVER (owned by Kelly)

So I got tired of hearing Diesel say I had to most horrible jeans ever. And that I wear them every day. So ok, he was right on both counts. The pair does sag in the back, making it look like I am wearing Depends adult diapers. But it is comfy. And yes, I wear it every day practically, but that's the only pair that I currently own.

Diesel did also bring up a good point. That I should get a NICE pair of jeans, and even if I paid over 100 bucks, as I would get my money's worth by wearing them every day, like I do with the diaper-jeans hybrid.

However, when the time came to shed some big bucks for a pair of blues, I was not up for the challenge. It just seems too expensive and excessive, especially after watching the Motorcycle Diaries, which follows the young Che Guevara and his journeys with the little people, those who live in misery, homeless in their own country, with very little to eat. And here I am, pondering whether I should buy a pair of jeans that would feed all of these people.

Diesel, my rich fiance, tired of seeing the pathetic sight of my behind, decided to put an end to the my fashion misery and bought me a pair of some hip jeans (loved by teenagers that watch MTV). They cost him some big bucks, but now he is much less embarrassed to be seen with me now.

1 comment:

David said...

Here's the deal. If you're going to tour a 3rd world country, you're going to want a good, solid pair of jeans. Good jeans don't need to be washed very often, they hold their shape, and hug your body like nobody's business.

So, don't feel guilty about your jeans. Think of them as a way of beautifying the planet. Oh God, I've been hanging out with Lauren too long.