Thursday, June 01, 2006

The Nasty Sound of a Sigh--When Uttered by BG

I was starting to think that BG (aka Backstabbing Geek, if you have not been following the saga between me and my arch-enemy) was becoming a gentler, kinder soul despite being mostly frustration and meanness. That of course, was an incorrect assumption.

Today he was supposed to send me a revised report, which he told me was going to be ready today, which is what I communicated to the client. But of course he doesn't. As with other things, anything that he has to send me somehow gets ignored or forgotten.

So in an act of good faith, I decided to send him a very polite email inquiring about the status of this report--which I knew he wasn't going to deliver, because as always, everything I ask him to do is "hard and takes a long time." 5 seconds later, which is about the time it takes for him to get my email, I hear this deliberately loud SIGH. ***WHAT THE HELL?***Dude, I'm sitting in the cubicle right across from you, and I can obviously HEAR when you utter a frustrated sigh and SEE you when you make an ugly face! Am I asking you to do anything above and beyond your job. NO!

BG has done this before. I will start counting how many times he does that, and for each time I hear the nasty sound of his sigh, I will dislike him a little more...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how about putting together your own reports?

Anonymous said...

So when somebody doesn't do their work, you should do it for them? You'll make a great manager someday!